Monday 15 October 2007

Fat Bird Essential Kit Part 2 - Buff

Just how charging over £10 for a tube of microfibre that probably costs less than $1 USD even allowing for shipping to the UK is accepted by consumers is beyond me - but I am dependent on my buff. A and S are both buff users too.

It's difficult to explain the usefulness of this tube to non-buff converts, but its uses include:

  • Keeping hair off face whilst exercising. As a floppy fringed bird, I find this is the most satisfactory method of ensuring my mop doesn't drive me nuts when running/cycling/skating - no hair sticking to face and vision unimpared.

  • Bike Helmet Liner - improves comfort esp as it's seam free.

  • Shower Cap - makes quick showers when I don't want to wash my hair easier. It dries really quickly too.

  • Preventing sunburn to scalp when I've forgotten a hat.

  • Neckwarmer. And earwarmer - even nose warmer on occasion....

  • Holding ipod ear phones in place.

Disadvantages - the price means that I don't feel comfortable adding buffs to my Christmas list - hence I have just 2 - not enough to co-ordinate with all other kit. And the bandana look is v.Axl Rose...

Anyway, exercise today comprised the cycle commute and skating. The latter wasn't as much fun as usual as there was a large group of boys in - all skating aggressively and incompetently - chaos on the rink!

No comments: