Sunday 28 October 2007

Eat my mud

22 miles on Saturday from near Alton - Rough Ride as opposed to HCC route - so definitely more challenging although only 500m of ascent! Many patches of sticky gloopy mud - M was pining for his mud tyres - C & I both had several walking breaks and the washing machine has been working hard afterwards to get our kit clean.. The photo here was taken by Lasham airfield where the helicopter lives with a number of other aged looking ex-aircraft. 2 punctures - M & me in roughly the same section of road.
Funniest moment was watching Husband sinking mid puddle into concealed swamp underneath & calling out "help I'm sinking" - and as he tried to get off his bike, his trousers ripped impressively on the saddle... C was relieved to see that he was wearing bike shorts underneath - so not entirely crotchless!

Boogy again on Saturday night with G & her buddy J at the Dungeon - brilliant evening even though I wasn't drinking (liver still recovering from Thursday). G looked fab in her anatomic/tattoo top & J had a fabulous black sparkly dress. Bounced around from 10ish to 1:20ish with a couple of breathers - so I don't feel (too) guilty about peanut butter on toast when I got home.
nb - Husband also had 2 punctures which he only discovered when we got back & suspects the spot where M & I were punctured - but managed to destroy an inner tube as he thought it was only 1. C also had one from this ride - that she discovered just before going out fo next ride.... so punctures all round!

No comments: