Sunday 7 October 2007

Beaulieu 10K

My time was 58:36 - which I am very very chuffed with!

Forerunner reckoned the course was 60m short - so I figure I might have been able to do a GPS 10K in under an hour as I had 1 min 24 secs to play with. Photo wwas taken just as I was getting my breath back afterwards.

G and Husband were brilliant - wonderful to have the support as I went around as they were waving & cheering at 1K, 8K and at the finish line. G was wearing a distinctive cream cap - nice to be able to spot my supporters! Also had good support from my former colleague from Garmin, L, who's been running with me after work.

The route was beautiful - fields and tracks around the Beaulieu estate going through the forest. Perfect weather - dry, no wind, not hot. And there was easy parking! And the route wasn't hard on my feet! So I think this may be a race I do again.

Lots of walking yesterday - hard on the feet but I'm not sure if we covered much distance - went to British Museum with Husband and A to see the Terracotta Warriors and Craftng Beauty - a beautiful exhibition on modern Japanese crafts. We kept the Far East theme going with a good lunch in Chinatown.
And more gentle exercise on Friday night - out to celebrate G's birthday & bounced around to a dodgy looking David Bowie tribute band. G looked amazing in her unique skeleton/sci fi top.

No comments: