Monday 6 July 2009

Test Way and Beach

Monday:
Big D - Pretty good - even with insomniac opening of dried apricot packet
Exercise - Fine!

My blogging is taking second place to the new beginner WRN group - but as Big D has commenced (again!) and exercise has slipped, I resolve to do better....

No gym last week and apart from some gardening and cycling to work, no exercise to report.


Had a fab beach barbecue with Husband, G, Kitty & Goldfish on Saturday - it had been rainy, but cleared up in time for us.


Gentle 30km yesterday with G, X, S and Husband along the Test Way. G coped brilliantly with my mountain bike despite it not having an armchair saddle. We had a very pleasant (if ridiculously priced!) lunch at the Mayfly at the half way point and admired the very fat trout in the river there.


I had a longer cycle home today as I managed to leave my mobile at a friend's last night but needed it for running. And it rained lots. And my front brake was scraping. Grump!


Better time at running even though only 2 came for the standard run. 4 new recruits for the beginners group who forgave me (I think!) for not checking my watch enough & having them run 3 mins by mistake!

Thought for today: Is very nearly 40 too old to be walking around with 10 year old style scabby knees?

No comments: