Saturday 18 July 2009

Hurdled the rubbish excuses

Friday:
Big D: Good!
Exercise: Cycle commute & gym
Saturday:
Big D: Not bad but have eaten all my exercise calories
Exercise: Walk & gym


There is a universally acknowledged truth that when faced with "there's no need to drive on trips of less than a mile or so" in theory, most of us would agree. However, when faced with the "do I drive to the paper shop/friend's house/post office?" conundrum, I almost always find a great reason to take the Panda. So although a 15 minute walk to the beautician this morning doesn't sound like much, I need to feel smug & celebratory that I got over the rubbish excuses (might rain, want to pick up a paper and they are so heavy on Saturdays...). And the 15 minute return journey was uphill!

I am now working on preparing my 40th birthday project. I've drawn on a number of sources including My Name is Earl and "Sleeping Naked is Green" by Vanessa Farquharson. Before I reach 41, I will work through a list of 40 things covering big goals like the Great South Run, stuff I should be able to do but never have like fixing a puncture and a few green enhancements to my life - a Top 40. Ideas welcome!

No comments: