Tuesday 14 July 2009

Yay I'm being supported!

Sunday:
Big D – OK-ish but didn’t count calories properly
Exercise – according to WLR, weeding for 2 hours for me is 580 calories – so not too bad

Monday:
Big D – Pretty confident I was under, but didn’t count calories properly
Exercise – cycle commuted, WRN so pretty good

I was pleased to meet the new area coordinator for the south east for WRN and Run in England yesterday, Brian. Had a good chat about WRN/RE plans for Hampshire & around as well as about Eastleigh WRN and it’s great to learn that there are plans for more groups. I’m very motivated now – must look into doing my Level 2 coaching course. We were all impressed by Brian staying to run with both groups – although he did bow out from the beginners after 15 mins or so to drive home to Cambridge.

I’ve decided to add a third group to WRN. The standard group runners are very diverse in terms of speed and I’ve been worrying about not supporting everyone in reaching their goals. The new group will be “Intermediate” although I suspect it may appeal to some experienced runners who are happier with a gentler pace. Major negative is that it will be on Tuesdays as I can’t shoehorn a 3rd group into Monday evening! Positive is that I’ll get an extra run done.

No comments: