Thursday 16 July 2009

Return of the Forerunner

Wednesday:
Big D: OK
Exercise: No cycling, but did Body Combat
Thursday:
Big D: Sabotaged by BBQ at lunch at work with surprisingly tasty food. Have given up on food today & finished the damage with my new invention - pinky porky risotto (using some beetroot).
Exercise: Only the cycling.

I haven't been to Body Combat for ages and ages so the routine was completely new to me. I was chuffed that there was a bit less dance music and more rock. Husband's current guilty pleasure is there ("Hot n Cold") and I loved messed up mix abominations of Tutti Frutti and Tubthumping. And very pleased that we stretched at the end to Kings of Leon. Today my arms and shoulders are aching - a sign I need to get to the class more often.

Another welcome return (tenuous link) was the arrival of my Forerunner which I'd left on a minibus in Kelowna, Canada in June. This gadget has become an essential piece of my coaching kit - being able to tell everyone exactly how far they have run & being able to double check our pace. Its return also means that I can return Kitty's to her - she very kindly lent it at short notice, for which I am very grateful. And very grateful to Monashee Adventure Tours for its safe return.

No comments: