Tuesday 21 July 2009

In my bag

Just been reading a Guardian blog on the contents of other people's bike bags - here's mine:

In my messenger type bag:
Waterproof jacket & trousers
Reflective snapband that doubles up as a cycle clip for waterproof trousers
Fold up hair brush
Hairband
Deodorant
Shower Gel
Work clothes
Shoes
Packed Lunch
Purse
Mobile
Camera

Antihistamines
Specs & case
Keys for house & bike lock, both attached to work pass

Bike lock
String bag
At least one letter to post (these can stay in my bag for embarrassing length of time!)

What should be in my bag but rarely is:
Pump
Puncture patches or spare tube
Spare front light & spare batteries for rear light
Multi tool
Moisturiser (there's a little tub of vaseline on my desk though)


Running was OK last night - it was great to greet a new standard member & to see JK for the first time in a few weeks. Less good was one of the Beginners having to drop to a pained walk with knee problems - she may have to quit which is depressing. I was very impressed with her carrying on walking the route instead of going straight home. Knees are a tricky area - the general advice is that as your legs strengthen, you'll get fewer problems and that the right shoes can help enormously. I've added knee mobilisation to the warm up and I'm hoping that this helps as knee stretches that can be done outside are pretty limited.

Monday
Big D: OK, under with exercise cals
Exercise: Good! Cycle Commuted and 2 runs with WRN.

No comments: