Thursday 26 February 2009

It makes no sense

I've not been feeling great today - headache bad enough that stringing sentences together was difficult up until about 3pm and tired - but can I sleep now?? No sense.
X was talked into going running with S this morning - but rather than cancel this evening's scheduled WRN run, she still ran 10K with me. No sense.
Pedalled home with laptop on Monday night, decided I couldn't face carrying it to the station on Tuesday & pedalled in with it today - untouched since Monday. No sense.

And despite this being an exercise blog, I feel the urge to wax lyrical about our new sandwich wrappers (washable, made in Scotland and mark the end of our petrochemical based cling film dependency). Husband's is the skull & crossbones version, mine is the minnie mouse-esque polka dot one. Haven't tested them with wraps, but they cover rolls and sandwiches very well. I will require a second for Husband as he tends to have 2 rolls/wraps, whatever. No sense.
Anyway, back to exercise. X did brilliantly tonight - esp considering that she ran 5.5k this morning. We did the full 10K route in 68 minutes - and that included walking a kilometre at the halfway point - so a respectable pace is possible! I am really not enjoing the bumbag that holds the water I never drink, first aid gubbins, keys and a mobile - esp as I filled it with too much water tonight and it bounces as I run. My only consolation is that I'm sure I'll run faster without it come race day!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

there have been a number of tutorials for sandwich wraps on the web for ages (as well as a debate over eco-friendliness, food safetyness of the fabric). What fabric are they made from? They don't say on the website....
Personally I have just been reusing the same plastic storage box.