Thursday 5 February 2009

Stress Relief needed

I was feeling very aggravated today - and my pedal home wasn't enough of a stretch to restore my mood. I'd booked a new class - and was hoping that it would help me to de-stress - Body Pump which is part of the same franchise/development family as Body Combat. Certainly different - it took the class about 5 minute to get fully kitted up with:
  • Step with 6 risers to act as a bench
  • Mat
  • Hand Weights
  • Barbell with multitudes of weights. Most participants had 3 sizes!

I confessed to the instructor that I was a novice & she sorted me out with my barbell - setting it with 2 of the smallest weights. The routines were all weight/strength based - I didn't actually break into a sweat! And I was saved the weights shuffling that seemed to occupy everyone between tracks as i only had the one size. More importantly, lack of bouncing around seemed to mean zero endorphins - so I remained very out of sorts! Body Combat last night was much more my thing. Still, if I can persuade myself that I like the class, I should repeat the experience as I'm sure that an hour of free weights would help my fitness along.

Today was my first cycle to work this week as it was the first snow/ice free day. Rainy, but not completely unpleasant.

Anyway, I hope to cheer up ready for the weekend.....

No comments: