Monday 2 February 2009

Walking not Running

I'm really not good at driving in snow - it scares me! Combined with the fact than Monday is a park-2miles-from-office-then-wait-for-bus day for me when I use the car, I opted to walk to work. Which enabled me to risk assess for running tonight en route - concluded it was too dodgy as even if the snow eased off/thawed, a freeze would mean slippery surfaces. So once I actually got to work, emailed, texted & telephoned to cancel running.

Very pretty walk - nearly 3 hours there & back. I saw an innovative BMX-er towing a sledge, a kid using his skateboarder without the wheels. What amazed me was walking past the yoof of Eastleigh and not getting snowballed!

More walking on Sunday - D came over with S & the kids & we had a very chilly wander around Lakeside together.

Cycled to work on Friday & one way on Thursday.

Not much other exercise to report as DIY rules our lives still! Apart from Saturday night when I had a late text from S inviting me for a boogie at the Dungeon with M & K - bouncing around the dancefloor for a couple of hours should count for something!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

better late than never though.