Sunday 22 February 2009

Ellisfield

I got very bored with the Ellisfield HCC route over the last couple of years - can't remember how many times we did it, but it felt like squillions! It has redeeming features of having enough tricky bits to be interesting but plenty of virtually weatherproof tracks. Downside is that it's a little short at 19.6km.
Anyway, we rode it today with Goldfish & very satisfying it was too - I'd had enough of a break! My regular spring problem did arise - every winter I get too used to the easy peasey forest tracks & it takes a while for my brain to compute that my bike is capable of rolling over mud/logs/loose stuff.
I've been staring at maps this evening & I've worked up a 31km version of it that could be worth a go.

Weather's been glorious this weekend - spring is in the air & snowdrops are out on the banks. Mystery crocuses have materialised in our front garden - very pretty.
Husband was a hero today - he gave my road bike a much needed service. I've not been using my front brake this week as it didn't seem to be working. He pointed out that the brake pads were completely worn through & I was driving metal onto metal rims - so rather than just new pads, I needed a whole new front wheel! He's put more air in the tyres which might speed me up a bit.
Gym on Friday evening - I'm taking my own advice on the treadmill (for once) and restricted intervals to a couple of 1 minute blasts in between 25 and 30 minutes.

No comments: