Sunday 1 March 2009

Good Weekend - Virtuous and Fun

First, virtuous. No decorating, but we braved Ikea on Saturday night to get a mattress for spare bed and have just moved mattresses and bedding around - so tonight will be our first night in the new bedroom! Installed a new fence panel and moved tumble dryer and freezer outside.

Fun bits now - pub on Friday night and walked down to Eastleigh the morning after to retrieve the car. I seemed to talk running alot with M and I'm now contemplating circuits - some time!
Then I headed off to Holmsley Station tea rooms to meet up with G. We went for a 7k wander in a vaguely Burley direction - lots of ponies and a huge area of burned heather and 2 big ponds I'd never spotted before - which you can see in the photo - courtesy of G. Came back along the disused railway line. It was a beautiful day & it was fabulous to catch up properly with G - great chat. We then had lunch in the tea rooms - welsh rarebit followed by the most gorgeous merigue shells filled with cream & some fruit - so I think I compensated well for the walk! The weather was very non February - sunny and close to being warm. And I loved the opportunity to walk as I don't get many.
Cycling today. As it was just Husband, Goldfish and me, we opted for a long-ish route new to me & Husband - an HCC route but it was tweaked both before and during the ride. Tweak one was to start from South Wonston instead of Cheesefoot Head so we would tackle the more challenging bit earlier in the ride. Tweak 2 was at Cheesefoot Head - where Husband talked us into a change that was then scuppered by the army having red flags up. Tweak 3 was in Winchester where the boys decided on the climb up Stanmore Lane - long long hill - but did avoid some nastier roads. Tweak 4 was brought on by us missing a turning - quite pleased with the resulting change in route though as it meant less road. No punctures, my lovely new windstopper jacket performed well as did our new thermos flask - so we were able to have a cup of tea at the end. Tired now - my legs aren't aching but do feel worked.

No comments: