Tuesday 31 March 2009

Results up, Photos to follow

Eastleigh 10K on Sunday & as I know I'm slower than I was last year, I aimed for sub 1 hour - and did 58:49 which I'm happy with. 1314th place - so a little off the pace of the winners. Weather was lovely - not hot, not raining & not windy. 2 other members of my team at work did well - G did 55mins, B 47mins. M was under 46mins - impressive as his target was 47mins. Very impressed that S finished in 58:58 - his first ever 10K! And despite walking the final 4K with her achilles injury playing up big time, X finished in 1:08:50.

There are photos due but will be on a separate posting as Husband will want to QC them first - make do with the official ones first (note to self - must re-start Big D immeadliately!).
In addition to Husband, C and Kitty both came out to support us - really appreciated Kitty at 7K and it was great to see C.

Very impressed with WRN members tonight. I took the standard group for a challenging route up into the woods and back - our first foray off road. The Beginners had their "30 minutes without a walking break" session - and all completed it! N from beginners wants to try a 10K in Sept/Oct so i need to do a little research. My legs are now complaining - it was pointed out to me that I've run over 19K since Sunday morning so I guess that's not unexpected.

I was aiming to go cycling with G on Saturday on the sea front- but weather wasn't really up to it so we walked between shops instead - very pleasant! Cycled to work Friday & today. Jaw much less painful today.

No comments: