Monday 17 November 2008

Swimming

Met up with Fabulous Mother In Law after her mega yoga sesh & went with her to Osborne Hotel - impressive crescent building overlooking Meadfoot bay. Not that we could see the sea as we were there to use the pool.

Husband sulked about the pool not being 25m - and about his luverly turquoise bathers (previously referenced!) but I found a major benefit to being in an empty smaller pool - I finally got the swimming lesson I've been after. I've never got the hang of swimming with my head in the water - which has contributed to my lamentable technique & neck ache. Husband blames it - weirdly - for my screw kick that kills my left knee.

Anyway, after 20mins of coaching by Husband (who alleges that he could swim before he could walk!), I felt I was making progress. The trick seems to be to focus only on my breathing and posture - don't even think about am I pulling hard enough etc. The acid test will be whether I can apply it in a full length pool!

No comments: