Saturday 1 November 2008

Blisters on my feet and credit card

Let's see if Husband reads my blog.... blew a little cash on Friday as my favourite cycling clothing store had a 3 day sale - I know that Kitty also indulged! So I now have some capris, a new vest top, waterproof shorts (an experiment!) and a lightweight waterprooof winging their way to me.

I quite like the gym on a Friday evening - we go later as this suits Husband with Esporta's lane swimming timetable. Only downside is dreadful TV - I can't cope with Coronation St or Question of Sport! Did 20mins on the x trainer and then braved the treadmill for the first time in weeks. Knee held out, but I only managed 12 mins at my normal interval pace. Then took it down to 10.5kph to complete 5k - hey, it's a start. Concerned though as my feet were very blistered by the end - not sure if it's down to the new trainers (which I've only used a couple of times) or the socks which from past experience, I know aren't really running compatible.

We were supposed to be cycling with G today - along the seafront in Bournemouth - but the weather really wan't seaside so we went out for lunch instead. Feeling a little squiffy atm having just got back from a halloween party.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

I haven't heard the word "squiffy" since I left university. Are you sure you weren't at Queens' 91-94? ;-)

Unknown said...

Yeah right! Had the Oxbridge convo not long after starting sixth form but convinced school than half decent O levels (I am that old!) were down to luck/memory and in no way reflected a work ethic sufficient to go that way....