Tuesday 11 November 2008

Sniffles.....

I am trying to ignore my sore throat, tight lungs and snotty nose as I'm not in the mood for a cold! Not too sure when I have been in the mood for a cold - but it's not today.

Much discussion at work over the last few days on bike lights. R was horrified to discover how much I'd spent on new lights - esp as he'd just picked up freebie lights that are one of our company's cyclist incentives. The next day, he claimed that the freebies actually absorbed light rather than emitted it & promptly blew a similar amount of dosh to me on a new LED rechargeable job! B in our team is soon to join the cyclists as he's moving to Eastleigh from Oxfordshire & dislikes cars on principle & preference. He did suggest that R & me join him in the bike shed sometime to compare lights....

Kit discussions with C at work too - it was pouring on Monday morning, her overtrousers failed - not fun for her having to spend the day in damp trousers! I've been quite pleased with my cheap Decathlon trousers so far - definitely waterproof, definitely breathable.

Kitty's raving about cheap reflectives snapbands from Skoolkit atm - pink ones might be a good addition to the lovely branded freebies provided by work so I become a beacon of light on my ride home.

Gym tonight - 10mins x trainer & I then sweated my way to 5K in 27:12 on intervals on the treadmill. My lungs felt spent so I switched to cooldown rather than continue to 30mins. 10mins on the stepper to finish. I skipped weights as I've had a bit of a right shoulder problem recently - slept awkwardly on Friday night.

2 comments:

Kitty said...

I guess you didn't tell your colleague that I blew (or rather Goldfish did on my behalf) double the amount on my light. The green slap bands are cute too - I just thought the pink would clash nicely with my orange and yellow hi visibility vest.

Unknown said...

He was spluttering badly at my expenditure - didn't want to risk his health!