Sunday 23 November 2008

Kick Glide Breathe

Although I went swimming later on, I got most of my exercise fix on Friday from walking - home to station, Euston to Waterloo (after the presentation I went to finished), station to home. I'm not a huge London fan, but I do enjoy walking across it - lots to see!
I have no idea how many lengths I swam on Friday evening as I was completely focused on getting my breathing right. Did kind of OK, but still felt it was more like controlled drowning. I was breathing every 2nd stroke. Once Husband had finished his 50 lengths, he gave me a bit more coaching - including the little mantra "Kick Glide Breathe" ("Easy Work Enjoy" in a Guardian article on breaststroke). He got me to breathe every stroke & to try & slow my strokes - eventually, I should be doing big, powerful pulls/kicks, letting myself glide properly. Definitely improving, but I think project "swim with head under water" is still very much WIP.
I'm looking forward to being able to do a similar routine to G where she alternates crawl with breaststroke - but I'm a way off this atm. I've added a swimming cap to my Christmas list (fabric type) as I find keeping my fringe & layers out of my eyes & avoiding painful goggle strap hair interface challenging. Can't really wear a buff in the pool!

Exercise today - not much apart from heaving 21 boxes of tiles from store into car (in 2 batches as the weight looked a bit much for the Panda) & then into house, plus some more wallpaper stripping. Husband spent an heroic amount of time attempting to de-builders-dust the house - bit of a losing battle atm.

No comments: