Sunday 12 October 2008

Running project - part 1

Headed off to Devon this weekend to do a 1 day course in how to become a Women's Running Network Organiser. Their ethos is great - help women to run, regardless of age, size or running experience. Run to get fit to run... Enjoyed it & I'm pretty confident that I now know how to progress my running project now:
  • Next Step: do the UK Athletics Fitness in Running and Walking course.
  • Sort out a venue and start date - will prob need to contact EBC & others for help with this!
  • Get myself on a first aid course (it's not mandatory, but I'd be happier with it).
  • January - start Eastleigh Womens Running Network group with a 10 week Beginners Course.

Which is all kind of scary! Still, the course organisers seemed to think they'd be able to support me remotely - and there are various resources to draw on. Everybody on the course was lovely & it was interesting to see a real mixture of ages & reasons to want to become organisers - some were alrady keen members & wanted to to progress to organising their own group, some setting up groups linked to local health initiatives. I was the only non-Devonion - and to be honest, the lack of groups close to home is my biggest worry. I will blog the project's progress!

Anyway, it was good to see my fabulous In-Laws. Husband went fishing with his folks on Saturday whilst I was in Plymouth & enjoyed glorious sunshine on the coast.

Very important run on Sunday - did my beach hut run for the first time with my Fabulous Mother In Law. She's doing her first 10K race next weekend. So impressed with her progress - she's faster than in May but she can sustain the pace well. She's also shown me an enhancement to the route - a cut across a playing field giving feet a much appreciated grass break! Breakfast at the hut - a bit misty as shown in the photo, but quite warm.

Went to Torre Abbey in the afternoon - just opened after 3 years of restoration. Husband's ankles were punishing him for standing on the beach for most of Saturday, so we wandered gently around the house, art exhibitions & gardens in glorious sunshine (the mist had lifted). Photo is from a section which had a wonderful dressing up box of women's underclothes - I was trying a corset with saddlebags....

No comments: