Wednesday 15 October 2008

Bad knee - not mine though

Our Body Combat instructor's hurt her knee - seems to be a long term problem but she's carrying on regardless. It was playing up tonight, but being the world's most enthusiastic instructor, she still delivered a good class. I guess that's the peril of working as a fitness instructor - you're dependent on your own fitness - & injuries affect your income.

Back to my WRN project, St John's Ambulance have contacted me about the first aid course - I just need to phone them & pay money to confirm my place. I've sent a second email to the Borough Council as I'm not sure I identified the right sports development person first time around! Once I get the venue sorted, I'll focus on marketing - which shouldn't be a challenge given my job - but it could be a case of the cobbler's kids having holey shoes unless I plan & organise myself properly.

Waterproof trousers got their second airing this morning - I've found a reflective arm band that's doubling up nicely as a cycle clip for the chain side - looks a bit daft, but better that than destroy trousers and chain.

I'm going to be switching to my new helmet very soon - a friend's had a very similar nasty face smashing cycling accident to the one I had 3 years ago (ie lower face/tarmac interface) and her boyfriend's already enquired.... so she can have my current helmet as soon as she's ready to ride again. I can sympathise - uncomfortable, painful and it took a long time for my confidence in my appearance to recover as well as my riding ability - but both have come back!

No comments: