Thursday 31 July 2008

Whales & Running

Not sure that even I can claim that today's 5 hour whale watching trip was exercise! Maybe a little - keeping upright as the boat rocked gently - but not much. So I have no excuse to report spotting 4 minke whales, porpoises, grey seals, red deer, wild goats and a sea eagle (v.impressed as there are only 42 breeding pairs in the UK - and they are big enought to be known as Barn Doors!), do I? The boat spent lots of time over the Coryvreckan whirpool - 3rd largest in the world. With the engines off, we span gently around...

Instead, I should be confining my blurb to the v.enjoyable run I did with my Fabulous Mother-In-law on our return - 5K, including a stretch of the pretty Appin-North Shian road. And we got back just as the rain came down.

No comments: