Sunday 6 July 2008

It's Too Late Baby...

How I should have listened last night when Husband queried whetehr I really wanted more chocolate cake instead of responding by really really wanting the second slice! I managed to sleep, but woke up still feeling over full at 6:15am - not right on a Sunday! B, J & Kitty came over for food - it was great to be able to eat so much allotment produce! Aformentioned chocolate cake had raspberries, Kitty brought some fab blackcurrant ripple ice cream, green beans, new potatoes, beetroot..... not quite enough tomatoes ripe yet though (I keep eating as I pick 'em!).

Anyway, momentous news - Kitty has completed her level 3 C&G Embroidery course! 3 years of intensive work with really impressive output. She's used the course as an opportunity to learn how to make corsets and shoes and I really admire how she treats embroidery as a media for her art as opposed to making pieces to simply show off her stitching.

Her impressive "no short cuts" work ethic has meant that we haven't seen much of her recently - apart to emerge occaisionally from her studio (aka craft cave) looking a tad preoccupied - Goldfish is looking forward to having his wife back! From a very selfish perspective, I'm hoping for lots of high quality chats-while-mountain-biking with Kitty as well as with C & X. She's also mentioned she might be up for some gentle jogging. Yay!

Back to exercise - another train trip on Friday meant an extra 20mins cycling and a very little walking. I went to Bedzed to "supervise" some filming for a DVD (i.e. I did the irritating client bit). Very interesting place - especially as people are able to live & work there sustainably. Interesting to compare/contrast with CAT - same principles, but Bioregional's output works in London commuter belt successfully as opposed to living in an eco rural idyll.....

1 comment:

Kitty said...

years - M had me for 6 months before I started the course in October of 2004....