Monday 21 July 2008

Unjinxed??

My running was kind of OK at the gym tonight. It's been so bad recently that I've been finding all sorts of excuses not to run (e.g. Friday night = housework), so actually manage 30mins of interval work on the treadmill was a novelty - back down to 10kph/12kph 2min intervals. My new theory is that I've not been drinking enough now that it's summer & cycling more - I drink plenty whilst exercising (e.g. whilst mountain biking, running or gym) but I don't seem to bother after cycling to work//home. So tonight I drank about 3 pints of blueberry ribena when I got in from work & set off to the gym about 45mins later.

I'm not a big fan of "everyone needs to drink 8 pints of undulterated water a day" - although it's not quite in the same category as homeopathy, God, TAPL and electricity in terms of things I don't believe in - but I'm going to concede that many cups of expresso plus 4-5 mugs of coffee at work doesn't really equal effective hydration. So more liquid for me.....

Saw Baby Sister's fab new house on Saturday - and have rashly committed to devoting a weekend to rotovating & lawnifying her back garden this summer so that it's a good play surface for my niece and nephew. We did intend to go to gym as well - but refer to feeble excuses above - Satuday evening's was that husband needed to sort out making sausages.

Good ride on Sunday from Crab Wood with Husband, Kitty and Goldfish. Kitty's demonstrating huge improvements in fitness already compared to last week. I enjoyed the route as it's one I tackled early on in my mountain biking life & it's a good benchmark to remind myself I have improved.

Goldfish and Husband may be renamed in blog terms as Bodger & Badger having seen the net curtain PSB marquee they created on Sunday afternoon. On an exercise front, I dug up potatoes & picked stuff. Before hitting the allotment, Husband & I bought new hydratoin packs ready for the South Downs Way Adventure - will blog about that later I think....
Other stuff - lots of cycling to work except on Wed when I had another Masterclass in London. So lots of walking that day instead - down hill to station, from Waterloo to Westminster, panic when I realised I'd got venue wrong, dash across to Barbican, only 30mins late.... I wasn't the only person to get it wrong!

No comments: