Tuesday 8 July 2008

Coffee Bar Obstacle Course

Went home via the allotment to pick rhubarb to bulk up the desultory blackcurrant/redcurrant/gooseberry harvest up enough to make compote stuff for us - and a jar for our fellow allotmenteers. So a little more pedalling than usual.

Obsessing a little about food today - but it's been easier than yesterday to stay from the following evil temptations that I have to negotiate to get my umpteen cups of coffee to get through the working day as I've been busy (and have been supplied caffeine by colleagues):
  • Big batch of "not too bad occasionally" treats - Maltesers, caramel snack-a-jacks.
  • Recently expanded range of home cooked cookies, shortbread, coffee cake and flapjacks now placed in view of the coffee queue every afternoon.
  • Inviting cookie jar of Freddos right by the till - probably the most evil temptaion as they are only 15p and not too bad for calories - but every little doesn't help - willpower sapping having got past the previous evils.

My sweet tooth is very much my downfall. Can't really whinge as coffee bar also sells fruit - including nice little pots of strawberries and watermelon. And I really should be taking the opportunity for 10 minutes of walking to the hypermarket over the road at lunchtime where I can indulge my cherry tomato fixation....

No comments: