Tuesday 29 July 2008

3 Islands

Husband went fishing today with his folks and I decided to join Mum & Dad on a tour they'd found taking in Mull, Staffa and Iona.

  • Ferry Oban-Mull
  • Coach across Mull
  • Boat Mull-Staffa
  • Walking on Staffa
  • Boat Staffa-Iona
  • Walking on Iona
  • Ferry Iona-Mull
  • Coach across Mull
  • Ferry Mull-Oban
Quite a long day! Loved Staffa - very reminiscent of Giants Causeway with organ pipe style basalt columns. Iona was beautiful - I wasn't sure if I'd "get it" as I'm not a Christian, but I enjoyed the views and the feel of the Island. Saw my first ever Corncrake after much listening & staring at a heather hummock. Coach trip across Mull took over an hour - remote landscape - entertained by the Coach Driver who kept up a constant burble of facts & stories. And it was great to spend a bit of time with my parents.

1 comment:

Earth blog said...

An Impressive cave!