Thursday 10 July 2008

Husband's fast swim & my rubbish run

Another reasonably rubbish gym session! 10 mins on the stepper & then attempted to run. Because I've found it tricky recently, I knocked down my speeds to 10kph/12kph & the first 12mins were OK. But at 20mins, I felt really hot, tired and I'd had enough - dragged myself to just over 21mins & gave up! Made up the missing 10mins on the x trainer & then used the leg press. As I was stretching, looked at my face in the mirror - very red, very sweaty, complete with v.attractive throbbing vein - nice.

Husband reckons that it might be down to weather (close today) or just my body adjusting to Big D. No idea, but it's very frustrating to feel that I'm going backwards. Never mind - I'm sure it's just a phase & I'll get better again!

Conversely, Husband did his 50 length swim in 23:20 - he's really chuffed as it's his 2nd fastest time since joining the gym.

No comments: