Monday 14 July 2008

If at first you don't succeed...

.... change the rules! I'm revising Big D plan following my complete failure this weekend to adhere to it. My weekends are about going out & about, spending time with Husband family & friends - and trying to shoehorn 1652 calories into that doesn't seem to work. And if I do take exercise calories into account, I'm not eating enough (usually!). So revised Big D is:

  • Mon-Fri - stick to the script, don't eat exercise calories

  • Sat & Sun - eat exercise calories, but not those banked from the week.
This still means that I blew it on Saturday, but tomorrow is another day....



Much more interesting - had a lovely afternoon with G on Saturday. I've really missed seeing her every week - which I did when we were skating - and I am the world's worst distance correspondent - mostly as I've never really got my head around phoning people for a chat (called Mum tonight for the first time in 2 months - how bad is that??). Anyway, we had lunch at lovely mexican cafe, found brilliant new cookware store & finished the afternoon with a stroll along the beach. Lots of activity going on - gay pride event in the town and O2 rugby event on the beach. And it didn't rain! Looking forward to seeing G's photos.

G suggested we have a go at the London-Brighton bike ride next year which would be amazing! Her cycling is coming on wonderfully - she did 22 miles on Sunday.

Slow, slow run Saturday evening - my 5k circuit through the woods.

Lovely dinner with Kitty & Goldfish last night where we talked through our planned adventure for September - South Downs Way over 3 days on the bikes. Really good meal - especially the tzatziki and tabbouleh. I think we have a plan now!

First bike ride with Kitty on Sunday for ages. C, Goldfish and Husband came too. We did the route that she devised a while starting at Milkham Woods. There's an underpass under the dual carriageway at one point which was full of New Forest ponies! Kitty & I were discussing turning and finding an alternative - but meanwhile, C & Husband were herding the horses out - they seem to have hitherto unknown cowboy skills! I was also impressed with Husband's manual over a log - I think he's got the best technique of all of us atm. I think my USP is endurance - I don't normally tire during a ride. Still no rain - remarkable!

No comments: