Sunday 10 February 2008

Sunshine in QE Country Park

My legs felt the 17.5K ride we did today in QE Country Park near Petersfield. The area's known as "mini Switzerland" which gives a clue as the amount of up & down - contrasting with the almost flat stuff we've been doing in the Forest recently. It's a beautiful area - steep but still rolling chalk hills, mixture of woodland, bright green valleys - and the freakishly good sunshine helped to make it even more so. Looking at my older blog postings, it was weirldy good weather the last time I went in April '07 - I think that was one of the last rides I did on my old bike.


MA* & CA* put together a route which Husband then messed about with as he was desperate to do one particular downhill (and he was the only one to ride all of it). MR* and AS* came along too.


Not too bad on the mud front - one very icy, mushy bit at one point. 17.47km, total ascent 587m. Also enjoyed having lunch at the cafe afterwards - sitting outside in sunshine. I haven't been feeling too good the last couple of days - bit stressed, not enough sleep/relaxation - but I think the ride today did me some good in that I feel less wired now. So pleased that the A's sorted it all out - nice not to once in a while!

Short walk yesterday with Mum, Dad & nephew J. They were babysitting as my niece A has been in hospital (now out, all went well - thank goodness!). We went to Hughenden Park where J charged around & played pooh sticks & Dad talked about growing up in a house just over the road from the park.

Just one bicycle commute since Tuesday - better than nothing! Cycling total for '08 now stands at 297.77km.

* = too many buddies have the same initials - so I'm using 2 initials pending decent nicknames developing. AS already has Captain Chaos. MR was the Sultan of Faff today (unfairly as it happens!). MA was either Whippet or Mountain Goat given his ability to scoot up hills.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Sultan of Faff should, I guess, be reserved for the man who actually owns the initials....