Sunday 24 February 2008

Chain Reaction

I only got as far as the railway bridge on Monday for this week's commuting - my chain snapped. Husband did offer to fix it for me on Monday but I concluded it was a sign I should rest my back a bit more!

Sunday - very enjoyable walk in the Forest from the badly named Rufus Stone (it's now a metal memorial to the shootign of William Rufus) - muddy & lots of jumping over streams & puddles.

I skipped skating in deference to back problem. Back to exercise on Wednesday - Body Combat. Back to the gym on Thursday for 25mins on x trainer & 30 mins interval work on treadmill. Skittles on Friday night (not sure if that counts - but maybe picking up the pins qualifies as pseudo abs work). We shovelled mushroom compost into bags yesterday to take to allotment - I was only allowed to shovel, not to lift anyhting - Husband is very bossy re. my back. I only got away with Body Combat by ensuring he didn't know until afterwards!

He was very supportive yesterday, riding alongside me as I did a 5k run from house. I really appreciated his presence when a labrador bit me en route (slobbery play bite, not a full attack - but not impressive).

Today's ride should have been 19K but came in at 24.7K due to a nav problem. Just Husband, me & C. We did what I tend to call M's route - starting from the picturesque Dennys Wood carpark on std New Forest tracks. The best bit is just outside the national park at Roydon Woods - I cycled all the way up the only nasty steep bit for the first time! Cute pigs looking very pregnant just before cutting back into the forest. Had a very civilised cup of tea afterwards but I'm now after a bigger thermos as portions were a little small...

No comments: