Monday 25 February 2008

Eastleigh 10K

I was very pleased to discover that C and M are doing the Eastleigh 10K on 16th March - so that's 4 of us now - and 3 potential training partners for me! My company are doing a Match It scheme - so any sponsorship I raise for Great Ormond Street willl be doubled - sponsoring me is a bargain!

Slightly more unexpected was the news that my truly fabulous mum-ish plans to do a 10K race this year as she's keen to raise money to fight cancer. I'm sending her my fave running book and I'm hoping that I'll be able to join whichever 10K it is that she's chosen (she was evasive with Husband on the phone - but he was trying to convince her that a 5K might be more sensible...). Also hoping that Husband & I can persuade her that decent running shoes are an essential component of her plan - I'd really hate her to get injured! Selfishly, I'm kind of hoping that I may have company for future Torbay beach hut runs.....

Skating with G today (still no 3 turns) and bike behaved its self commuting- slightly further as I had to get to GP's after work.

No comments: