Thursday 1 November 2007

Fat Bird Essential Kit Part 4 - Trainers

Husband fails to understand why women require more than 3 pairs of shoes - but I have 7 pairs of trainers atm - all loved and used and all with specific uses:
  • 1 pair of trainers specifically for aerobics classes - I invested in these after turning my ankle in May & sulking for ages about being unable to run. These are better suited to random bouncing around than my running shoes.

  • 2 pairs of Brooks Addiction trainers for running - these are an attempt to correct to my extremely over pronating feet (I run like a penguin) by encouraging my feet to face forwards. Seems to work - I no longer get blisters on the inside arches of my feet & my toes no longer go numb after 3 miles. Older pair are for outside, newer pair are for the gym.
  • 1 pair of trail type trainers I bought in the States - useful for most of the walking I do these days and I use them for cycling to work (they are much less muddy normally than my "proper" cycling shoes).
  • 1 pair of cycling shoes - not really trainers, but they are styled to look like skate shoes so i'm counting them here.
  • 2 pairs of Converse for life beyond exercise (only the summer ones are shown here).

Later - Husband has pointed out that I have 8 pairs - I forgot my (as yet unused) heelies. He also wants to publicise that he swam 1.1km in 23 minutes 48 seconds tonight - first time he's swam his standard 50 lengths in sub 24 mins in a long time!

No comments: