Monday 19 November 2007

First Wimp Out

Awoke to the sound of rain hammering down & decided to drive to work. Which meant that it didn't rain during my journey & it turned into a reasonably dry day - which led to guilt!

Skating tonight with G who was looking great in her new red jeans, set off by a v.chic cap.

I've been thinking about the different ways I enjoy the different activities that I do:
  • Skating - first half is focussed on technique, second half on whizzing around nattering with G. The fact I'm also burning calories is very secondary.
  • Body Combat - appeals to my sense of the ridiculous (punching & kicking thin air for an hour to cheesey music) but also gives me an exercise junkie high.
  • Running - very satisfying - I love it when I feel as if I'm speeding along. I also love the sense of digging in, focussing on every step. And it's another high sensation.
  • Mountain Biking - love being out in the countryside, changing seasons, landscapes, nature stuff. I love the kick I get on feeling that I've done a tricky section well (an elusive sensation!). And it's another junkie high activity.
  • Cycling to/from work - straightforward stress relief. I use the journey in to think through my plans today & the trip home to de-work my mind.

No comments: