Sunday 4 November 2007

Not November-ish!

Rode 33.8k from the house today with Husband, C & M. The other M was due to join us but is in the middle of DIY project atm. Much easier than last week even though the distance was similar. We did a stint on country lanes to start off, joining the Compton Down track close to Poles Lane. Over to Stanmore on a route which gets better closer to Winchester. Uphill past St Catherines Hill, up & over Twyford Down, Owslebury then Water Lane down to Marwell. Not too bad on the mud front.
The weather was incredibly good - warm & sunny - and the light had that great orangey autumn quality.

C & M stayed at ours for some soup afterwards.

Ran yesterday with Husband cycling alongside - just 5K but I was pleased with my time (28:43). And that included dodging around Electricity repair people's vans blocking the bridleway by Crowd Hill Copse.

Much less interesting to report was the gym on Friday. Husband was working & I'm pleased I managed to eject myself from the sofa! 30 mins x trainer, 30 mins interval work on treadmill & a stint on the rowing weights machine. It was lovely & quiet - I seemed to be in the minority in not having much else to do on a Friday night - I'm so middle aged!

No comments: