Wednesday 2 May 2007

First Proper Injury!

I've turned my ankle - not on the 5.5K off road run on Tuesday in the Forest, but on the smooth sprung studio floor of the gym! It was during the last CV track so I was able to get through the abs & stretch bit OK before limping back to the car. Instructor reckons I might need another pair of trainers - my Brooks are excellent for running but don't give the right kind of support for jumping/twisting/kicking/boucing around.

So I am blogging with my foot up on a cushion on the coffee table! Will not be running for a few days, but from previous experience, I think I shoud be OK for some cycling & nil impact stuff soon....

Anyway, back to the run - gorgeous route from a carpark 5 mins from the office - all off road with lots of trees to shade us. Went with LT, LC & V from work - LT is an ace trainer! We averaged 9kph even with a few walking breaks and....... overtook boys!!!!

Only LT was organised enough to remember to have some water in her car to guzzle afterwards - dehydration hit me later on - Husband made me drink evian in Sainsburys when I started acting woozy.

No comments: