Monday 14 May 2007

I can skate - yay!

Or rather, I am able to skate without shafting my ankle further - "can" implies a level of ability I don't think I have yet! Instructor was gently informing us that we may not pass level 5 this time around, but you never know! Mind you, I'd rather fail than feel that I've been automatically passed as happened with level 4.
Stopping backwards appears to be my only party piece this time - I don't recall the Dancing on Ice judges commending contestants on their stunning stopping backwards - but hey - it's still a skill!
Very grateful to G for getting our skates sharpened - very well timed as it's test time next Mon!

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Yeah - but is worth passing your next skating level if the badge isn't yummy lime green? Unless its hot pink I really don't see the point ;-J. Seriously, good luck to the both of you for next Monday.