Sunday 13 May 2007

I can still cycle

30km-ish ride yesterday from Eastleigh with Husband, M and C&M.
I feel guilty suggesting so many "meet at our house" rides on days when we want to ride locally, but it is annoying having to do so much busy road stuff at the start & end of a ride. Husband & I are spoilt by having bridlepaths so close to the house, whereas for buddies based in Eastleigh, they have to face 2-3 miles of dull busy road just to get started - whether that's to our house or to somewhere else.

Lowlight of the ride was a moron in a white hatchback squirting me & Husband with water pistols - so tempted to type up the number plate here.... I'd feel stupid reporting it to the police - but it's potentially really dangerous to shock a cyclist like that - as well as rude.

Highlight was my ankle behaving for the full route! Aching a bit on a more challenging downhill (Water Lane) where I was up on the pedals, but the only bit where it hurt properly was walking up a little section of St Catherine's hill.

M came off - but was OK. Good to chat with C - missing A though. I was guilty of whingeing to M about not having my Forerunner to be able to answer his "how far" questions - which was very unfair of me as I hadn't actually asked A to bring it along (or give to M to bring)......

No comments: