Sunday 17 August 2008

A tale of 2 t-shirts

T-shirt number 1 was my birthday pressie from Kitty which she gave me last night at the pub - I'd expressed a desire for a t-shirt with a bold lobster print on it & she more than delivered with a lobster cleverly cut out & appliqued (no idea what the technique should be called) on.

I also received a cute watercolours set from G so that I can develop my painting further - it's in a very compact little box & I'm looking forward to trying it out. X & S gave me the mother of all corkscrews - amazing tool! B & J gave me some seeds & a veg patch planner - all very much appreciated! It was a good evening - good to catch up with lots of people I hadn't seen for a while - helped by mini muffins supplied by G which spelled out "happy birthday G**" - tasted good too.

No hangover, but I was very reluctant to leave my duvet today. Did the HCC Cheesefoot Head ride with Husband, Kitty and Goldfish. We were harassed by a manky looking werdly brave magpie in the carpark who seemed to enjoy pecking husband's tyres!

30km route & a useful training session for the South Downs
Way which we plan to tackle in a couple of weeks. T-shirt number 2 was one of the Paramo tops that Mum & Dad gave me for birthday and it seemed to do the job well - breathable, comfy & was less pongy than I expected afterwards. Another good opportunity to get used to the pack I'll be using on SDW.

Kitty's fitness is coming along fantastically - and it's fab to be able to natter whilst pedalling! She's managing her energy levels with sugar tabs which seems to be paying dividends.

Visit to the allotment later on - blight has meant green tomato chutney production...

1 comment:

Kitty said...

erm - you didn't specify bold lobster , you specified crustacean. The lobster and bold was wot you got. It was close between that or a crab.