Tuesday 12 August 2008

Birthday Run

Happy birthday to me!

Husband took me out for a run tonight - his phrasing - that always sounds a bit like taking a dog for a walk! He keeps me entertained with witty anecdotes as he cycles alongside me - and wards off dogs. 5K from the house and it almost didn't rain.
Cycled home tonight with 2 bottles of wine in my pack - champagne from my colleagues & kiwi savvy blanc from my boss. I'm now undoing the good work with a bottle of beer following a yummy, perfectly cooked burger, before I can find space for sticky toffee pudding! Husband is spoiling me very well.

I've had some great birthday pressies to add to my kit collection:
  • 2 buffs from my middle sister, both with reflective strips
  • 2 reversible Paramo tops from my parents which will be great for cycling & running
  • On the healthy eating front, salad spinner from my Fabulous In Laws (have wanted one for ages to save on using vast quantities of kitchen roll to dry off lettuce)
  • Husband is planning to get me either a much needed pair of new running shoes or a more frivolous wetsuit.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Your colleagues bought you champagne for your birthday? You lucky thing - I get harranged into providing cake.
Happy B'day I am waiting for the celebrations to present you with your gift......ok ok I haven't finished it yet....