Tuesday 22 April 2008

The People of Kitzbuhel must be Relieved...

... to hear that Husband and I will now be gracing them with our presences in mid June. Replacement holiday is all booked and sorted - and is roughly the same price as the Crystal Active version. Good thing too as my new body armour arrived today - knee/shin pads. Seems to fit OK, but I won't know for sure until I start pedalling in it.




Cycled today (and yesterday) but I am injured. My lower arm started aching at the allotment on Monday evening (planting out tomatoes - could be rash given that we're not necessarily frost free yet). Pedalling up the final hill today, it hurt even more. It's not a big deal, I just need to adopt the "sit down, change down and pedal like a hamster on a wheel" approach to hills as opposed to my standing on the pedals & pushing down hard technique.

I'm also sporting some lovely bites on my face - something was trying to eat us when we went to sow carrots and beetroot on Sunday. I don't think the allotment is good for me - it was responsible for hurting my back a couple of months ago too.

My bike is injured too! Goldfish & Husband finally ascertained what was really happening when I whined about it not engaging after freewheeling, stopping or changing gear - a thing called a freewheel hub is bust. So bike is currently being pampered at the bike shop - it's also getting its bottom bracket replaced (I now know what that is), brakes tweaked & something with the gears too (I lost concentration at this point in Husband's explaination & nodded alot).

The problems with the bike didn't help on the really muddy bit of Sunday's ride - 32K from the house. I did whine and sulk quite a bit. However, it was a gorgeous day and bluebells are out. The photo is of our Wedding Wood (one of our wedding gifts was sponsorship of a patch of Crowd Hill Copse).

It was also good weather today so Husband & I went for a run after work - I was slow (5K in 30:30, 5.5K in total) but I was nattering a lot. Good to be out - more biophilia!

No comments: