Sunday 6 April 2008

First exposure of legs in 2008

The weather's undecided this weekend - woke up to see the garden covered in snow & kids snowballing each other out front. 2 hours later & it's a beautiful spring day. And now it's sporadically snowing again...

We were lucky with the weather yesterday - esp as I decided to unveil my legs for the first time this year. Blue-white, very much in need of waxing. And as you'll see in the photo here, soon to be covered in mud! Went to the Forest with Husband, the Captain of Faff & X for a 33km route from Fritham - and the rain only came in after we'd finished. X discovered that gorse smells of coconut - she's not sure that there is any gorse in Austria. One puncture - mine.

Another hour of sunshine would have been good as we were sat in the garden of the Royal Oak & had to decamp to the less pretty covered area. I really enjoyed my cheese ploughmans - oodles of locally produced Lyburn cheese, yummy bread & I even liked the chutney, washed down with a half of Summer Lightning. X wasn't sure what one of her cheeses was & I've just found out that it was flavoured with garlic & nettle!
Went to a bike bits sale in Eastleigh this morning where Goldfish & Husband went straight to the bike bits and Kitty & I went straight to the clothes - how stereotypical.
Just gardening this afternoon - I declared war on the dead bamboo in the back garden, stopping when my back had had enough of being bent over.

No comments: