Wednesday 2 April 2008

Active Reading

I'm behind on my kit write ups - so here's some of the reading material I've been finding useful.

Found a great blog yesterday - www.dietgirl.org - via the WLR site. It's written by Shauna Reid, an Australian living in Scotland who's literally half the size she used to be through a philosophy of "do the healthy more often than you don't do the healthy thing" which I can appreciate. The blog's an easy, entertaining read - not surprising it's now a book - "The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl".

I've already mentioned my fave running book this week - "Running Made Easy" by Susie Whalley & Lisa Jackson. It's perfect for dipping in & out of when I feel in need of motivation.

The other book I've used is Joanna Hall's "The Exercise Bible" - photocopies of the hotel room workout accompanied me when I seemed to spend most of my time travelling.

2 cookery books are worth a mention - Ruth Watson's "Fat Girl Slim" and Anjum Anand's "Indian Every Day: Light , Healthy Indian Food". I'm not big on diet food - both of these books deliver terrific tasting meals that don't seem to compromise on taste but don't cause the Big D to collapse!

2 magazines get read - Mountain Bike Rider (although I leave the bike maintenance & "why 100mm forks are great" dull bits alone) and more recently, Runners World. Inexplicably, Husband pushed for me to switch from Zest to RW - inexplicable as he can't run but does seem to enjoy reading my other magazines (or at least looking at the pretty pictures) - esp Marie Claire. But he objects to Zest & realised persuading me to switch to a less irritating (in his view) mag would be easier than persuading me to cut back on magazines!

No comments: