Wednesday 30 April 2008

Damp shoes

There are days when I shouldn't cycle to work - and today was one of them. I was hoping that the heavy rain would stop before I left this morning - it didn't & several huge puddles meant I arrived at work resembling a drowned cat*. My tights almost dried out during the day, shoes didn't & I didn't even attempt to dry off my socks - so journey home was not exactly comfortable. More postively, my work clothes remained almost completely dry thanks to ace bike bag. I used my mountain biking shoes today as my normal road ones were still damp from yesterday - really hoping that at least one pair is dry by tomorrow!

Body Combat tonight. I arrived late so had to squeeze into the crowded back of the class. Normally, I head for the front. Reasons include:
  • It's normally the area with most space.
  • Specs mean I have limited peripheral vision. And having naff all grace/co-ordination/balance, I need all the help I can to folow the routines.
  • I don't have to look at somebody else's perfect figure doing everything perfectly in front of me!
* = chose the cat reference as they look way more pathetic when wet through than any other animal.

No comments: