Sunday 29 June 2008

Hare-y Moment

Last week was a bit light on exercise apart from pedalling to work every day. Husband had a tough week - 3 day course which entailed early starts & 5-6 hours driving each day - and an interview on Friday that he had to prepare a presentation for - so I focussed on being supportive wifey!

Good allotment stint on Saturday with Husband and Goldfish - solid 4 hours of digging over the broad beans bed & planting out the leeks in their place, lots of weeding & watering.

We went to QE Country Park this morning with Goldfish & did the HCC circuit we've done a few times before but with a difference at the start where we spent about an hour on the "proper" mountain bike course - really enjoyed the single track but confirmed that:
  • I am rubbish at steep uphills where tree roots are involved
  • I am also rubbish at hair pin downhills

I was really disappointed that I still can't do the steep chalk downhill stretch near Ditching. On a more positive note, I was pleased with some of my downhills on the main course. Husband was really good - esp on the downhills (no surprise).

The hare-y moment was Husband's. He was waiting for Goldfish & me to chicken our way down the track at Ditching with his bike leaned up against a fence. Hare appears, goes up to sniff bike, studies Husband, and vanishes again.

No comments: