Sunday 16 March 2008

57:04 - Eastleigh 10K

I've achieved my objective - 10K done in 57:04 (now confirmed as my official time), and I was 1061 out of 1372 to complete the race..

Really enjoyed the race despite the wind & rain! C & M both achieved good times - 49:55mins for "Whippet" M and a very creditable 60mins for C - despite having a cold. Bumped into Husband's ex colleague A at the start who did her first ever sub 1 hour 10K - 59:18 - very impressed!

And as you can see from the box on the right, my fundraising objective has also been achieved.

There may be another photo coming as I had my pic taken with a B&Q sponsored Olympic diver at the start.

Lots of thanks are due:
  • C&M - fab to see you & fab to have some company!
  • Husband for coming training with me, holding my bag & taking photos - really appreciated his support.
  • G for not minding when I dropped out of going out last night due to race.
  • Sisters & Mum for helping to get me out running the other week.
  • Everyone who sponsored me!
  • Whoever the genius was who sorted out fruitcake at the end - it was wonderful.

No comments: