Friday 20 April 2007

The first cuckoo of spring

Why do I get overexcited about nature stuff? Or why doesn't everybody? Which statement should I think about??

Anyhow, exciting things I experienced today:
  • Heard my first cuckoo of the year

  • Saw my first ever hare - live & bounding around a field. I now know why everytime I've claimed to see one in the past, Husband has dismissed my claim as being a large bunny instead. A bit like experiencing flu for the first time & suddenly realising all the times you've claimed "I've got flu" - it was really a bad cold. But flu is very bad & hares are very good.

  • Bluebell hazes in woodland - many of! Even M noticed how pretty they were.

It was a superb 16 mile ride - starting from Dummer near Basingstoke. Tracks were really enjoyable to ride, fab weather. Had a puncture - but that really was the only negative. The specs in the pic of Husband are deer - I'm not a contender for "wildlife photographer of the year".

More nature at home - large slow worm in the back garden.

Apart from biking, did about half an hour's digging at allotment - PSB for tea tonight with rhubarb crumble as a special "I've been cycling today" treat!

Gym on Friday - treadmill, x trainer & weights. Boogying on Friday night (but not much - dire music apart from scissor sisters), ambling around shops with a killer hangover on Saturday. Husband also had a hangover - but his was obtained in York at a conference that kept him away from me for 2 nights.

No comments: