Tuesday 10 April 2007

Easter weekend

Very busy weekend in a "nothing much planned" kind of way - let me explain....


Friday - Bike Ride
Excellent 26 miler from Farley Mount with Husband, M&A. A showed us the spot she got to know very very well the week before due to being stranded following innertube blow outs - hour and a half by the side of the road! Bluebells are starting to come into bloom - ludicrously early even for the deep south.

We then spent the afternoon mending fences and gardening, rewarded by a few beers later on.


Saturday - another bike ride!
Little one - with G in Bournemouth, from her newly redecorated pad to the beach & back. I hadn't been to Southbourne before - gorgeous stretch of beach with an excellent tea kiosk! G is so much quicker now - it's good to see my hybrid getting used. G also fed us with her garden's inaugural BBQ.


Sunday - more gardening
Quick visit to the allotment to pick veg (purple sprouting season is here!) & grab some rubble sacks, then back to working on our garden. I weeded and scarified the lawn - which didn't leave very much green stuff! Friends came over for a cream tea in the garden - really pleasant way to spend an afternoon.


Monday - Football
Well, Dad & I kicked balls at each other & my nephews for a bit - so sort of football. Lots of lifting & catching my nephew J who doesn't seem to have any concept of climbing frames/slides etc being a bit big for a 2 year old! My niece A is making real progress with her walking - she has a new gadget frame that seems to be making a difference.


Tonight - Gym
I was planning on running with A - but she developed a migraine this afternoon so I changed my plans. 20 mins on the X trainer then 30 mins on the treadmill - did 5.05km. Then used the leg press but no other weights as my shoulder's been playing up.

No comments: