Monday 12 October 2009

PW for me at Beaulieu 10K

To be fair, I didn't set myself a time goal for the Cancer Research 10K yesterday at Beaulieu. It was still a shock though to achieve my Personal Worst for this run - 61mins.
Not the case for the other 5 Eastleigh WRN runners - 4 of whom were doing their first ever 10K race (and for 3 of them, I think it was their first ever 10K). All acquitted themselves brilliantly. LH was ahead of me all the way through. I did the first 4km with N before she moved on. Spotted K later on looking extremely comfortable. Spotted C & LW making their way over the finish line looking great.

Panniers were christened today - full load including laptop. The bike feels heavier but I think I'll adjust OK. Braking is really different with the weight so far over the back wheel and I can't do my dreadful powering up hills using my weight to push the pedals down - no bad thing I guess. All my stuff stuffed in very easily with plenty of room to spare and the transition to office was fine.

Running tonight was the first time I've kept a second long sleeved layer on - quite chilly. I was really chuffed that X came out with the Advanced group - and she ran very well. 4 runners in the 8pm standard group. Neither group was very speedy tonight - we all seemed to find it hard work. I think I need to rework & structure the warm up a bit more for colder weather when it's even more crucial.

No comments: