Saturday 10 October 2009

Bike Pimped but Languishing in Shed

Husband did lots of great work to my bike last weekend - a much needed service, new brake pads (I did wonder why the back ones weren't working very well) and he's fitted a rack for 2 very yellow very waterproof new panniers. My back has been complaining about the Crumper messenger bag when fully packed - esp when my laptop is in it. The new panniers will move the weight stress to my quads and remove my dependence on plastic bags in wet weather. And are yellow.
So it's a shame that I haven't tried it out this week. Work's required some very late nights, logistics of hire car petrol filling, an awayday & a presentaion in London.
Work's also meant much less exercise than normal - even the wii has been under used.
But in the spirit of talking about what I have done, I ran 15km on Monday (albeit with a break at 10K) and did a day's much needed gardening on Sunday. A couple of walks - to paper shop, station and an eco house in Woking.
Not really any great surprise though that I've gained 4lb this week.

No comments: