Saturday 10 October 2009

De-Slugging

I think I made up a little for my sluggish week today. Husband decided we should make the most of the sunshine in the New Forest - and opted to start close to the Portuguese fireplace.
28ish km in 1 hour 41 - predictably fast going on the forest tracks. We did pause to gather some chestnuts - although the pig shown here was more interested in acorns. Lots of deer too.
Followed up with a swim. Husband was pleased with his time, I was just pleased to do 40 lengths - must start upping this if I'm to get to my Top 40 target.
Speaking of which, I have done a couple this week. I completed a crochet pattern - but I'm not showing the output for a couple of weeks as it's for a gift (so 2 goals ticked).
I also completed my first George Elliot novel - Mill on the Floss. Liked it but felt the ending was a cop out. Loved the way the characters developed and the descriptions of the landscapes. My problem is that when I get into a book, I treat it like a rollercoaster ride, and like to roll on to the end caught up in the plot. Which results in reading way too quickly which means that I miss depth/detail/subtle stuff. Pretty much a fault that I exhibit in other areas too!

No comments: