Sunday 25 October 2009

Great South Run

10 miles, 1 hour 41 - I'm quite happy with that! Helped by fab supporters, good company (thanks L!) great weather & a text from Z this morning reminding me to watch my pace at the beginning! It was a great event. Transport was the only bit I'd tweak if doing it again - parking looke too tricky, but it's a long walk from the station to the start for Husband's delicate arthritic ankles - so we'd probably take bikes next year!

I was very excited to meet WRN members from Canterbury and Weston Super Mare at the start - and to actually bump into L. We ran the first few miles together which was great. I also bumped into L from Garmin on the run too, looking very steady.

Not much other exercise to report this week bar lots of walking on a business trip. I was grateful to WRN members for allowing me gentler runs!

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Congratulations! That photo is great too!

Fred said...

well done Gin. Very triumphant photo.